All 28 art Reviews

Underneath the Mistletoe Underneath the Mistletoe

I really like this. You have captured the faces really well and there feels like there is a depth of story to the whole image.

Toshi13go responds:

Thank you! x)

Pitch Pitch

This is cool... no pun intended... actually let's keep the pun.

A Coal for Christmas A Coal for Christmas

I really like this.

3AD - Aurora 3AD - Aurora

I like it anyway; it has an epic feeling with it when juxtaposed with the title of the competition.

The Encounter The Encounter

I really like this, but I find the scaling on Scrooge's head to be too big and really destroys the realism of the piece. If it were a scaling due to parallax Scrooge's face would not be in the same plane of focus, so it really draws your eye to it. However, I love you're Jack Skellington; I think that that could stand on it's own and be a very powerful Image.

Regardless it's some really good work well done.

KeiwanArt responds:

Thank you very much for your criticism! Yes i agree with you on your point. I originally intended to just make Scrooge bigger than Skellington and Grinch, not because of parallax but just because I think he is really tall. However, I should have put him higher in the frame then for it to make sense with the shallow depth of field I tried to show :/ I will definitely keep this advice in mind for my next drawings! :)

The Grinch re-designed The Grinch re-designed

Just love the shape and form you capture with a good emotion to the face, it kind of reminds me of Nick Offerman sn****ring... but maybe that's just me. I'd wish you good luck but I'm not sure you could hear it of me weeping tears of failure directly onto my own work entered in same competition.

beekart responds:

Thank you very much ;) And don't worry.. In my own experience i never win anything, there's always something way better or cooler entered right before the deadline, and then ill join you in weeping tear :D

King of the mountain King of the mountain

Love this. It's really nice to see your line work and the final piece.

So, help me, God! Yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!

Really like the line work, dude.

No-B-Only-Zuul responds:

Thanks!

Jazza's Color-in Competition Jazza's Color-in Competition

Love the colouring on the girls face, you've shaped it up brilliantly.

Tarakanovich responds:

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Eye Study #2 Eye Study #2

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad; I didn't guess Wilde in the middle. Some great work though, good job!